Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Lions and Tigers and Pears, Oh My!
















5" x 5" oil on panel ...............................
$250.00 + $6.00 shipping in US

Lions and Tigers and Pears, Oh My! Once you start
saying it, you won't be able to stop. (sorry:-)
Who's more shocked looking, the pears or Olive?
I was just told "Pears are an over used subject matter,
but still loved". They have the curves. They have the
color. They have the taste. So yes, I love them too.

My Mother is having Chemo and well, I hate cancer!!!
I have been getting ready for my trip to N.C. I will be
her personal slave for a week. She has a list and I
know for a fact that planting her garden will be part of
my duties.
I will post again when I get back on the 23rd.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

First - good luck to your mother. Second - how on earth do you get your oil paintings to look like this? So textural! Nice pears!

Enjoy the garden...

5:38 AM  
Blogger Sherry DeGhelder said...

First - Thank you. My mother has three more chemo's to go. Then it is all about the next 5 years.
Right now she is enjoying new flowers and a seeded veggie garden.

Second - The texture in most of these little ones are done ala prima. Just wet paint on wet paint. The pears got neglected, in between my errands, so they got glazed. The layers show the different brushwork each time I got back to them.
I like to lay the complements into each other loosely. Sometimes it blends and leaves little pops of color. This adds a nice richness. Other time it blends smoothly and creates great depth.

Now I get to weed my beds:-(

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home