Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Scarab Scream
















Giclée Print $25.00
............

Here is the second painting in my Lucy series.
I painted this one at the easel. After I dropped Dr. Banner's Marble the other day, I have been leery of painting at the easel. I'm over it! I like the brush work I get from the easel verses the drafting table.
I've had these scarabs in a dresser upstairs and forgotten about them, until today. I have 10 of these little guys. I can see an attack coming soon.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Never realized until I acquired one that scarabs are beetles.
I like your work.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Sherry DeGhelder said...

Thanks, Mary--glad you came by.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Stephen Magsig said...

Sherry,
these are truly wonderful and make me smile, something the World needs right now. I just love my M&M Ammo painting. I also really like the three marbles, having two older brothers myself.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

wonderful work Sherry !!!
you have a very unique style :)
I will add your blog to the list today :)

9:38 PM  
Blogger Takeyce said...

Sherry... this one made me laugh out loud! I love your compositions, and my husband is reeling over your use of comic book pages. (he's got Hulk #1 on his wish list! LOL!)

4:21 AM  
Blogger Sherry DeGhelder said...

Stephen, thank you stopping in and for such encouraging words.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Sherry DeGhelder said...

Kim, thank you for stopping in. You are going to need glasses after this project:)

6:40 AM  
Blogger Sherry DeGhelder said...

Takeyce, thank you for your nice comments. Tell you husband to be on the lookout, Hulk will return.

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home