Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Painting Update

I will be posting more 5"x5" paintings in the fall.
Right now I am busy in my studio painting larger pieces.
After painting so many small works,
I forgot how time consuming it is to paint large scale.
The prep work took a while but it was worth it.
I now have lots of large white textured supports.
The largest is 48" x 48". The smallest are 12" x 12".
I will be adding these works to my website www.sherrydeghelder.com
I have layed out marbles, cherries, scarabs, pb&j, flowers,
and more. Here is a M&M, the first of many larger works.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Takeyce Walter said...

Glad to hear that you're still at it! Can't wait to see your larger works.

Cheers!
Takeyce

6:07 AM  
Blogger Don Coker said...

Great stuff, Sherry! I love your work.

www.doncokerart.com/blog

10:24 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

The black and white backgrounds add good contrast to your compositions. They help the minimal color pop. Check out my similar images on my blog. They are black and white, but that's where the similarities stop. You'll have to look to see what I mean. Good work.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Gerald Schwartz said...

Some of the best contemporary work I have seen in a long time.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home